RPMG in Print
Below, find e-procurement and commercial card technology articles and books written or co-written by RPMG personnel.
- Gupta, M., Palmer, R. J., Brandt, J., and Palmer, N. (2016). The emergence of virtual card payments: Data highlights changes in North American commercial payment practices. Journal of Payments Strategy and Systems, 10(2).
- Gupta, M., Palmer, R.J., & Brandt, J. (2014). Travel Card Use by State and Local Government in North America: Trends, Opportunities, and Best Practice. NIGP Resource Library. Retrieved from http://www.nigp.org/eweb/StartPage.aspx?Site=NIGP&webcode=reslibsearch
- Palmer, R. J., Gupta, M. & Brandt, J. (2014). The use and impact of dynamically adjustable purchasing cards on the procurement process: Survey evidence. Cost Management, 28(4).
- Palmer, R. J. & Gupta, M. (2011). Technology-driven convergence of business processes in the acquisition cycle: Implications for accountants and educators. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, 8(1), 65-87.
- Gupta, M., Palmer, R. J., & Markus, M. (2010). The state of the p-card. Government Procurement, 18(6), 52-56.
- Palmer, R. J., Gupta, M., & Dawson, R. (2010). U.S. government use of commercial card technology and the case for change in military card distribution policy. Defense Acquisition Research Journal, 17.3(55), 313-336.
- Gupta, M., Palmer, R. J., & Markus, M. (2008). Travel card use in North America: Benefits, opportunities, and best practice utilization. Cost Management, 22(2), 35-44.
- Gupta, M., Palmer, R. J., & Sprenger, C. (2007). The progress of purchasing cards in North America: Current data and a historical perspective. Cost Management, 21(1), 22-28.
- Palmer, R. J. & Gupta, M. (2007). Use and misuse of purchase cards by U.S. government employees: Examining costs, benefits, and an emerging control framework. Public Contract Law Journal, 36(2), 175-202.
- Palmer, R. J. & Gupta, M. (2007). Purchasing card use by the U.S. government: Growth and opportunity. Journal of Government Financial Management, 56(2).
- Palmer, R. J. & Gupta, M. (2007). A brief history and review of purchasing card use by the U.S. government: 1990-2005. Journal of Public Procurement, 7(3).
- Davila, A., Gupta, M., & Palmer, R. (2003). Moving procurement systems to the internet: The adoption and use of e-procurement technology models. European Management Journal, 21(1), 11-23.
- Palmer, R. J., Gupta, M., & Davila, A. (2003). Transforming the procure-to-pay process: How Fortune 500 corporations use purchasing cards. Management Accounting Quarterly, 4(4), 14-23.
- Palmer, R. J., Gupta, M., Davila, A., & Mills, T. (2002). Purchasing cards come of age: A survey of state and local governments. Government Finance Review, 18(4), 6-10.
- Palmer, R. J., Gupta, M., Davila, A., & Normand, C. (2002). The saving power of purchasing cards. Business Officer, 36(1), 62-72.
- Foster, G., Gupta, M., & Palmer, R. (2002). Wells Fargo business-to-business electronic commerce. In Bell, T. B. & Soloman, I. (Eds.), Cases in Strategic-Systems Auditing (321-358). KPMG/University of Illinois Business Case Development and Research Program.
- Palmer, R. J. (2000). Survey shows how purchase cards can save time, money. Journal of Accountancy, 189(5), 18-19.
- Palmer, R. J. & Green, L. D. (1999). ITT Automotive North America: A case study requiring use of benchmarking, activity/process analysis, and re-engineering concepts. Issues in Accounting Education, 14(3), 465-496.
- Palmer, R. J. & Vied, M. (1998).Could ABC threaten the survival of your company. Management Accounting, 80(5), 33-36.
- Palmer, R. J. & Ward, W. D. (1997). Charge it: How purchase cards cut costs and boost controls for large and small companies. Journal of Accountancy, 184(1), 51-54.
- Palmer, R. J., Green, L. D., & Ventura, M. T. (1996). Are corporate procurement cards for you? Management Accounting, 78(3), 22-29.
- Palmer, R. J., Schmidt, T., & Jordan-Wagner, J. (1996). Corporate procurement cards: The re-engineered future for non-inventory purchasing and payables. Journal of Cost Management, 10(3), 19-31.
- Palmer, R. J. & Dunn, E. (November 1995). Resolving critical issues to integrate corporate procurement cards. TMA Journal Guide to Procurement Cards (Special Edition).
- Jordan-Wagner, J., Palmer, R. J., & Putman, R. (November 1995). The supplier perspective of corporate procurement cards. TMA Journal Guide to Procurement Cards (Special Edition).
- Palmer, R. J. (1994). Re-engineering payables at ITT Automotive. Management Accounting, 76(1), 38-42.
- Palmer, R. J. & Ansari, S. (2004). Re-engineering business processes. In S. Ansari (Ed.), Management accounting:Astrategic focus (modular series). Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin.
- Dunn, E. & Palmer, R. J. (2004). Re-engineering purchasing and payables with corporate purchasing cards. In J. Shank (Ed.), Handbook of Cost Management. New York, NY: Warren, Gorham, and Lamont.